ACEC2012 – See You There!
ACEC2012 in Perth is fast approaching and the Perth team members are very excited about the way things are developing.
ACEC2012, our premier Australian ICT in Education event, will have a very strong international component, featuring six keynote addresses by international speakers in addition to the presentations by the four Australian major speakers. ISTE, the International Society for Technology in Education, is bringing a group of US educators to Perth for ACEC2012, and the early response to the ‘Call for Papers’ from both international and Australasian academics has also been exciting.
Strands within the AEC2012 Programme include:
- It’s time to enable with IT (IT support in schools)
- It’s time to be virtual with IT (Online participants)
- It’s time to collaborate with IT (ECE/Primary, Secondary general)
- It’s time to connect with IT (Secondary Computing)
- It’s time to get mobile with IT (ECE/Primary, Secondary general)
- It’s time to integrate with IT (ECE/Primary, Secondary general)
- It’s time to lead with IT (School & System Leaders)
- It’s time to prepare with IT (Teacher educators)
- It’s time to substantiate with IT (Researchers, School Leaders
So there is plenty for everyone, and a wonderful opportunity for YOU to share what you have been doing, as well as to hear from international and national experts.
ACEC2012 will run from Tuesday the 2nd of October through to Friday the 5th of October, and will also feature a range of pre conference and post conference workshops, tours and social activities.
The ‘Call for Papers’ opened recently and ACEC2012 ticket sales (Conference Registrations) will officially open on December the 1st. Early in the new year the pre and post Conference tours and the Social Programme will be advertised.The venue for ACEC2012, Wesley College in South Perth, is one of Western Australia’s most favourably situated schools, sited on high ground that provides sweeping views across the beautiful Swan River to the City of Perth.
Conference delegates will find a variety of accommodation options around South Perth, or may choose to stay in the CBD and begin the day with a ferry ride across the river.
Keep an eye on the ACEC2012 website for more information as it becomes available.