EdTechSA Leader of the Year 2016
This award acknowledges the work of educational leaders and innovators who have made a significant contribution to the use of ICT in education.
Candidates for the Award must be individual members of EdTechSA.
Typically the recipient will be a leader / mentor / advisor to a school or broader educational community group. The award recognises significant advocacy, support and promotion of the use of ICT in education. Applicants will have had a distinguished career and proven inspirational achievement. This may include their work in:
- Achieving excellence in ICT in education innovation and development and work tirelessly to improve the quality of education
- Assisting in the building of partnerships to advance the use of ICT in education (eg. school and community partnerships, school and industry partnerships)
- Planning, developing and implementing programs to advance ICT in Education
- Providing advocacy for ICT in Education to the extent that their work is used as a model for others
- Serving as a catalyst for policy change and development in ICT in Education
- Contributing to the work of EdTechSA and actively participating in this professional community
- Nurturing and mentoring individuals, groups and/or associations to enhance the use of ICT in education
- Conducting research and/or writing about ICT in education
- Inspiring others to strive for excellence
Criteria for Selection
Candidates should submit an application that contains a brief curriculum vitae. In addition, they need to provide evidence which demonstrates that the applicant is respected as a leader and innovator to the benefit of ICT in education. The evidence should be organised under the following headings:
- Significant positive impact on technology use in education; locally, regionally, state wide, nationally, worldwide.
- Efforts to involve the community in the initiative or program to facilitate partnerships with business and/or organisations to advance the use of technology in education.
- Works tirelessly to genuinely improve the quality of education.
- Integrates deliberate planning in an effort to improve education through the use of technology.
- Education and/or work experience has been significantly advanced in the nominee’s workplace as a result of the nominee’s efforts.
- Active member of professional organisations.
- Contributed to the profession by presenting at professional conferences, seminars and/or workshops or publishing articles in print or through electronic media.
- Work can be used as a model.
- Will represent EdTechSA well in all forums.
Closing date for applications is Friday 30 September, 2016.