“EdTechSA supports educators with teaching and learning using digital technologies”.
EdTechSA is the pre-eminent South Australian professional association that provides support and leadership to all educators related to learning and teaching with Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), and the study of Information Technology (IT) and Digital Technologies as subject disciplines by:
- providing high quality professional learning opportunities for educators and school leaders to learn from international, national and local experts;
- promoting networking, communication and sharing within the educational community about research, quality practice, resources, and current issues and initiatives;
- acting as an advocate on behalf of South Australian educators at national, state and local levels on educational issues related to ICT and IT;
- recognising and celebrating excellence in the educational use of ICT in South Australia;
- facilitating partnerships with industry and other professional associations to benefit educators and students;
- recognising and celebrating excellence in the educational use of ICT in South Australia.
- contributing to the work of:
- the Council of Education Associations of South Australia (CEASA)
- the Australian Council for Computers in Education (ACCE)
- the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
EdTechSA members include:
- Early childhood primary, secondary and preservice teachers across all learning areas;
- Information Technology and Digital Technologies subject specialists;
- Principals, Directors and school and preschool leadership teams;
- School and preschool network managers and technicians;
- Tertiary ICT educators and consultants;
- Staff from State, Catholic and independent school sectors;
- Pre-service teachers.
EdTechSA affiliations with other industry organisations
- is the South Australian member of the national peak body, the Australian Council for Computers in Education (ACCE)
- has membership links to the industry body Australian Computer Society (ACS)
- has membership links to the International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP)
- is a member of the Council of Education Associations of South Australia (CEASA)
- is an affiliate member of the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
We were originally known as the Computers in Education Group of South Australia (CEGSA).
In 2013 we adopted a new name, EdTechSA (pronounced: ed – teck, es – ay), to reflect the use of a broader range of technologies being used in teaching, learning and education.