The latest on ACEC2012: ITS Time on 2-5 Oct 2012, Perth
It’s on again, ACCE’s biennial ICT conference – ACEC2012: ITS Time, Perth – hosted by the Educational Computing Association of Western Australia. The conference team has been very busy putting together a wonderful program for you, with pre conference tours, conference dinner, the Twenty:20 Challenge, Welcome Reception. We also hear that a Choc n Wine tour will be scheduled and that ACCE will be celebrating 25 years!
ACEC2012: ITS Time
Date: 2 – 5 October 2012
Venue: Wesley College, 40 Coode Street, South Perth
Exciting new announcements!
The Twenty:20 Challenge will be held during the Welcome Reception on Tue 2 Oct at 5.30pm
Announcing Prof. Patrick Griffin is the Opening Keynote on Tue 2 Oct at 4pm read more here
The conference theme is ITS Time: Information Technology in Schools Time. The conference will examine the diverse ways that ICT can maximise each student’s potential through their personal learning styles. It will investigate how ICT can allow all people including those with diverse skills and thinking strategies become lifelong creative learners. We aim to include a broad range of contributions to make ACEC2012 in Perth a conference to remember.
Strands within the ACEC2012 Program include:
* It’s time to enable with IT
* It’s time to be virtual with IT
* It’s time to collaborate with IT
* It’s time to connect with IT
* It’s time to get mobile with IT
* It’s time to integrate with IT
* It’s time lead with IT
* It’s time to prepare with IT
* It’s time to substantiate with IT
So there is plenty for everyone, and a wonderful opportunity for YOU to share what you have been doing, as well as to hear from international and national experts.
- Dr Christine Stephenson – Executive Director, Computer Science Teachers Association, USA
- Dr Neil Selwyn – Reader at the Institute of Education, University of London
- Dr Milton Chen – Senior Fellow and Executive Director, Emeritus at The George Lucas Educational Foundation
- Prof Sasha Barab – Educational Leadership & Learning Sciences, is a Founding Senior Scientist and Scholar of the Learning Sciences Institute, and the Pinnacle West Presidential Chair at the Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College, Arizona State University
- Prof Jean-Michel Boucheix – Université de Bourgogne, France.
- Prof Patrick Griffin – University of Melbourne.
This conference is for all educators who use of ICT in teaching and learning. This conference will help you discover new strategies for the use of the computer in the classroom, and inspire you to use ICT tools in appropriate and effective ways for the development of student outcomes.
This conference is for:
* Secondary teachers across all curriculum areas
* Primary classroom teachers and specialists
* Managers of learning technologies in primary and secondary schools, through to tertiary institutions
* Principals and school leadership teams
* School network managers and technicians; and
* Tertiary ICT educators and consultants.
This is a national conference with an international focus, featuring prominent Australian and overseas speakers and educators. The conference program will provide a comprehensive selection of best practice occurring in our own classrooms throughout the states and territories. Be assured, this conference will showcase the latest ICT initiatives taking place in our schools.