As part of EdTechSA’s 2023 Conference, students are invited to take part in the following competition.
Students are to choose one of the UN sustainability goals and design a digital solution or prototype that can improve
the world. Some examples are:
- a game to educate players on how we can help sustain our ecosystems
- an app to help people improve their health
- a coded micro:bit that helps to conserve water
- a Virtual Experience that demonstrates the impact of global warming on our polar ice caps.
- a 3D Printed water filter that can be used during natural disasters
The final submission needs to be completed online. Students can submit a video (maximum 5 mins), pdf, jpeg or
PowerPoint presentation (maximum 5 mins). The final submission must include the students name, year level,
school, teacher name and teacher email address.
There are four main prizes, one for each of the following categories: Junior Primary, Primary, Middle School, Senior
School. Winners will have their digital solution/prototype on display at EdTechSA’s 2023 Conference and will be
invited to present their solution during the conference.