EdTechSA Student Competition
Make It Better
As part of EdTechSA’s 2023 Conference, students are invited to take part in the following competition.
Students are to choose one of the UN sustainability goals and design a digital solution or prototype that can improve
the world. Some examples are:
- a game to educate players on how we can help sustain our ecosystems
- an app to help people improve their health
- a coded micro:bit that helps to conserve water
- a Virtual Experience that demonstrates the impact of global warming on our polar ice caps.
- a 3D Printed water filter that can be used during natural disasters
The final submission needs to be completed online. Students can submit a video (maximum 5 mins), pdf, jpeg or
PowerPoint presentation (maximum 5 mins). The final submission must include the students name, year level,
school, teacher name and teacher email address.
There are four main prizes, one for each of the following categories: Junior Primary, Primary, Middle School, Senior
School. Winners will have their digital solution/prototype on display at EdTechSA’s 2023 Conference and will be
invited to present their solution during the conference.
Register your interest today!
Teachers can register a class or group or individual students. Scan the QR code to get started.