This award is intended to recognise the importance of the work of South Australian teachers who are contributing to the use of ICTs in their schools. Administrators in schools, district and regional personnel and people attached to offices of school systems also contribute to learning, schools and the professional computer education community, but this award focuses on recognising the efforts of classroom-based educators. Nominees must be based in a school and considered a member of the teaching staff of that school.
Criteria for Selection
Candidates should submit an application that contains a brief curriculum vitae and organises evidence under the following headings. The evidence should show that the applicant is respected as a leader and innovator both internal and external to their own institution.
- Significant positive impact on technology use in education; locally, regionally, state wide, nationally, worldwide.
- Efforts to involve the community in the initiative or program to facilitate partnerships with business and/or organisations to advance the use of technology in education.
- Works tirelessly to genuinely improve the quality of education.
- Integrates deliberate planning in an effort to improve education through the use of technology.
- Education and/or work experience has been significantly advanced in the nominee’s workplace as a result of the nominee’s efforts.
- Active member of professional organisations.
- Contributed to the profession by presenting at professional conferences, seminars and/or workshops or publishing articles in print or through electronic media.
- Work can be used as a model.
- Will represent CEGSA well in all forums.